District Collector Office and Their Sections
The Collector Office is main office in the district administration and backbone of Government of Maharashtra. All kinds of decisions, power of law and order, revenue, civil supplies, elections, disaster management etc. are assigned to the Collector and Officers.
The Additional Collector shares some part of the responsibilities of the Collector.
The following table gives the information on the various sections, departments along with the HOD’s designation who looks after the work of that section at the Collectorate, Gadchiroli.
|Sr.No.||Section Name||Designation of the Officer|
|1||Home||Resident Deputy Collector|
|2||Establishment||Resident Deputy Collector|
|3||Entertainment||Resident Deputy Collector|
|4||Employment Guarantee Scheme||Deputy Collector (EGS)|
|5||Sanjay Gandhi Yojna||Tahsildar (EGS)|
|6||Election||Deputy Collector (Election)|
|7||District Supply Office||District Supply Officer|
|8||Land Reforms||Resident Deputy Collector|
|9||Land Acquisition Branch||Land Acquisition Officer|
|10||District Planning Office||District Planning Officer|
|11||Mining||District Mining Officer|
|12||Accounts & General||Resident Deputy Collector|
|13||National Informatics Centre||District Informatics Officer|
|14||Disaster Management Cell / Controll Room||District Disaster Management Officer|
|15||Sub Divisional Office||Sub Divisional Officer|
Duties of Officers of Various Sections at Collectorate
Resident Deputy Collector
RDC looks after the work of Home Branch, Establishment, Revenue Branch, General & Accounts Branch, Minor Mining, Revenue Branch, Sanjay Gandhi section. The duties carried out at each section are as follow;
Home, Establishment & General Branch
- General Administration and Establishment matters of staff (group A to D).
- District Selection Board Correspondence
- Departmental Enquiry
- Magisterial matters
- Issue of Licenses under the Arm Act. and Eviction Act.
- Child Labour, Bonded Labour Acts. and Minimum wages Act.
- Prevention of Atrocities on Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Weaker sections of the Society.
- Matters relating to Prohibition and Excise
- Natural Calamities, Relief and Rehabilitation, Scarcity, Drought.
- Crop estimate survey and Agriculture Production Programme
- Recovery of Government Dues.
- Redressal of Complaints, Protocol and tours of V.V.I.P.’s and National Programme.
- Stamps Act and Registration Act.
- All matters of freedom fighters and Zilla Sainik Board.
- Budget and internal audit.
- Minor Minerals
- Grant of permission for felling of trees under Maharashtra Felling of Trees Act.
- Allotment of Government Quarters.
- MPSC/PMT/SSC Boards Examination Conduction
- General Coordination Meeting.
- Issue of Nationality Certificate
- Matters relating to Prohibition and Excise
- Entertainment Duties and related matters.
- Permissions for Starting Video Centres.
- Permissions for entertainments for Ganesh Utsav, Durga, Dashera Festivals.
- Matters relating to Prohibition and Excise
The Statement for Entertainment Tax collected during the last 3 years
|Sr No||During the Year||Target in Lacs||Achievement||% of Achievement||Tax Free In Rs|
- Implementation of Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojna, National Social Assistance Programmes.
The no. of beneficiaries for the SGY Scheme which are being implemented by SGY Section are given below.
|Sr No||Sponsored By||Name of Scheme||Physical Target for the Year 2021-2022||Funds Received for Year 2021-2022 Up to 31.3.2022(in Lacs)||Funds Distributed for Year 2021-2022 Upto 31.3.2022(in Lacs )||Funds Expenditure for Year 2021-2022 Upto 31.3.2022(in Lacs )||Achievement during the Year 2021-2022(Beneficiaries )||% of Expenditure(in Lacs)|
|1||Govt. Of India||National Old Age Pension Scheme||0||1192.881||1192.881||988.415||35962||82.859|
|National Family Benefit Scheme||0||148.800||148.800||140.600||180||94.489|
|National widow Pension Scheme||0||148.113||148.113||114.519||3156||77.318|
|National Handicap Pension Scheme||0||25.323||25.323||16.095||440||63.558|
|2||Govt.Of Maharashtra||Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojna ( Other )||0||1977.011||1977.011||1593.445||12944||80.598|
|Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojna ( S.C )||0||640.636||640.636||481.565||3849||75.169|
|Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojna ( S.T )||0||959.984||959.984||941.713||7921||98.096|
|Shrawan Bal Seva Yojna ( Other )||0||4291.375||4291.375||3818.568||35907||88.982|
|Shrawan Bal Seva Yojna ( S.C )||0||1221.159||1221.159||1112.611||10332||91.111|
|Shrawan Bal Seva Yojna ( S.T )||0||2314.873||2314.873||2254.630||21133||97.397|
Deputy Collector (E.G.S.)
The duties assigned to the Dy. Collector (EGS) are as follows;
- Implementation of Employment Guarantee Scheme, Rural Landless Employment Guarantee
- Implementation of Jawahar Rojgar Yojna, Jawahar Vihir, Employment Assurance Schemes and
other Employment Programmes.
- Implementation of Special Schemes of Construction of Wells.
- Agriculture Production Programmes.
District Resettlement Officer
The works assigned to the Dist. Resettlement Officer are as follows;
- Rehabilitation of Project Affected Persons.
- Land Records Survey and Jamabandi.
- Land Reforms like Ceiling Act, Tenancy Act, Restoration of Land to Tribals Act.
- Management of Lands falling in the Rural Area.
- Regularisation of Encroachments for agriculture Purpose.
- Zudpi Jungle Matters
- Implementation of the Provisions of Court of Wards Act.
- Industrial Development . Matters related to District industries Centre.
- Land Matters – Grant of Land for Institutions and Land Reforms.
- A. Permissions in the area of “A” Class Municipalities.
- Waqf Board Act.
Deputy District Election Officer
The duties assigned to the Dy.District Election Officer are as follow;
- Matters related to General Elections. (Parliament and State Legislatives )
- Conducting Elections for Zilla Parishad, Panchayat Samiti, Gram Panchayat, Co-operative
- Preparation of Electoral rolls of Graduate Teacher’s Constituency.
- Elections to the Agriculture Produce Market Committees.
- Matters related to Specified Co-operative Society.
Legislative Assembly Constituencies in the District
The district has 3 Legislative Assembly constituencies. The total no. of male, female votes and no. of polling stations created Assembly Constituency wise are given as follows (Qualifying date 18.04.2022);
|Sr No||Name of the Assembly Constituency||Male Voters||Female Voters||Third Gender Voters||Total no.Of Voters||No. of Polling Stations|
Special Land Acquisition Officer
- Gaothan Extension Programme
- Acquisition and Requisition of Lands for the schemes of providing land for Gharkuls thereon
for houseless landless persons from rural area.
- Land Acquisition for other Departments.
- Management of Lands falling in the limits of C class Municipalities.
- Regularization of encroachments for housing purposes (Urban & Rural).
- Municipal Administration
- Local Fund, Swarn Jayanti Shahari Rojgar Yojna.
- Water Supply and Sanitation.
- Rent Control Act and matters related to Co-operative Societies other than election.
District Planning Officer
- Preparation of District Annual Plan, Special Action Plan
- Implementation of 20 point Programme.
- MPLAD and MLA Local Area Development.
- Taluka Co-ordination and Review Committees.
- DLCC, Loans under various schemes and co-ordination with DRDA.
The Statement for the Outlays Provided (rupees in lacs) for the Schemes in the District Annual Plan Year 2022-23 is given below;
|Sr No||Name of Scheme||General||TSP||OTSP||SCSP||Total|
|1||Agriculture Allied Services||2211.00||1550.19||40.00||417.00||4218.19|
|3||Irrigation & Flood Control||2138.00||350.00||0.00||0.00||2488.00|
|5||Industries & Mineral||102.00||19.30||0.00||12.00||133.30|
|6||Transport & Communications||990.33||500.00||0.00||0.00||1490.33|
|8||General Economic Services||2104.00||1980.00||0.00||0.00||4084.00|
|9||Social & Community Services||14851.07||4750.91||0.00||2554.00||22155.98|
|10||Innovation schemes and Data Entry and Innovation council||1400.60||412.76||0.00||102.00||1915.36|
|11||Jalyukt shivar and CM gramin sadak yojana||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00|
District Supply Officer
The objectives of DSO is to provide essential commodities to the public in the reasonable rate. He is also responsible for the supply of Kerosene and Petrol in the district. DSO monitor and controls Public Distribution System (PDS). The followings are the jobs assigned to the DSO at the Collectorate.
- Food and Civil Supplies and related matters.
- Family Planning Programmes and Health Programmes.
- Implementation of Navsanjeevani Yojna.
- Implementation of Targeted Public Distribution System.
The following table shows the information on taluka wise no. of Fair Price Shop and Ration Card holders exist in the district (as on 31.03.2022).
|Sr No||Taluka Name||Total FPS sanctioned||FPS Run By SHG||Antyoday(Yellow)||BPL (Yellow)||APL (Orange)||Preferred beneficiary family||White|
Note – Yellow card holders includes BPL and Antyoday Holders
District Mining Officer
- Minor minerals and related matters
- Permits for mineral quarry.
The revenue collected during the last three years by the Mining Dept. is given below
|Sr No||During Year||Target in Lacs||Achievement In Lacs||Percentage Of Achievement|
Major Minerals in the District
The important deposits occurring in the district are Iron Ore, Limestone, Diamond. These mineral deposits are of economic interest and help in strenghtening the industrial base of the district.
Mainly, the Iron Ore deposits are found in Surjagad and Bhamragad areas of the district. Limestone deposits are in Devalmali and Katepalli areas while Diamond are observed in Wairagad of the district.